KRO1 – Ontario Wolf Hunting with Kap River Outfitters
Ontario Wolf Hunting
This highly experienced wolf hunting team will do their absolute for you on your hunt!
Our Ontario wolf hunting outfitter is on top of the game! With 30 years of experience and scouting they know how to hunt wolves. This wolf hunt begins when a pack is located. Once an active pack is located the outfitter tells the hunters to suit up. The hunters are then taken to a prime shooting location by snowmobile and sled. The outfitter and guides will drive the wolves through the timber pushing the wolves in the hunters direction. This highly experienced team will do their absolute best to help you find the wolf of your dreams! Waiting for one of Canada’s toughest predators is an experience you will not forget!
This is a Driven Hunt. You’ll Ambush the Wolves.
A typical day will begin with guides checking known wolf hangouts. Once an active pack is located, The outfitter will put the guides on notice to “suit ’em up” which is you the hunter. Guides will quickly place hunters at strategic shooting locations via snowmobile and sled.
Once hunters are in position, a guide is named tracker and the hunt “drive” begins. The tracker will track the pack in on snowshoes, and the chase is on. This is when the action begins! The wolves may try to elude the tracker, eventually get frustrated and break towards the hunters. In all order of respect, this is nothing less than a para-military experience consisting of the hunt master and his team vs the alpha wolf and his pack. The anticipation of being on stand and waiting for Canada’s most elusive of predators to appear before you is an experience you will not soon forget. Dress warm. The sit may be long.
- Duration of the hunt is five days.
- Season is from December to March.
- Hunt takes place in the middle of winter when snow is very deep so dressing warm is a must.
- Since you will be sitting on a stand being in excellent physical shape is not a necessity.
- This hunt includes guides and trackers!
- Hunting lodge accommodations
- Continental breakfast
- Pack lunch
- Deluxe Supper
- Guides and Trackers
*Prices subject to change without notice, so lock your price in with a deposit asap.
Lodging and Accommodations
Included in your wolf hunt is lodging and meals! You will have a continental breakfast to start out the day followed with a lunch out in the woods. Your day ends with a deluxe supper! There are options for private and semi private rooms and a kitchenette at your disposal. Also included in your stay is Satellite T.V. and WIFI.
This highly experienced team will do their absolute best to help you find the wolf of your dreams! With 30 years of experience and scouting they know how to hunt wolves.
- From Toronto Ontario: hwy 401 to hwy 400 north (85.3 k) to hwy 11 north (731 k) to Kapuskasing
- From Detroit: cross Ambassador Bridge. Take Huron Church Rd/ hwy 3 (8.1 k) to hwy 401 east (347.6 k) to hwy 400 north (85.3 k) to 11 north (731 k) to Kapuskasing
- From Sault Ste Marie ON: follow hwy 17 B (4 k) to hwy 17 (310 k) to hwy 631 (169.8 k) to right onto hwy 11 east (158.5 k) to Kapuskasing
Kap River Outfitters is located at 10 Erie Street in Kapuskasing. (GPS 49.4246342, -82.4170259)
AIR SERVICE to Timmins Airport is provided by many major carriers. Timmins to Kapuskasing is about a 2 hour drive. Vehicle rentals are available at the Timmins Terminal.
Bus and Rail Service to Kapuskasing is provided by Ontario Northland
With travel insurance through Travel Guard you’ll have valuable coverage that travels with you and your family. We’re America’s leading provider of travel insurance plans and assistance programs and we’re here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.Request a Free Quote
Suggested Gear List for a Predator Hunt
- Rifle – We use Specialized Dynamics .243 in an AR platform shooting 65 grain V MAX bullets.
- Vortex PST Scope 4x16x50
- Vortex Viper HD 10×42 Binoculars
- Bog Pod Shooting Sticks
- KUIU or First Lite ASAT. He wears Altiplano llama wool jackets and swears by them.
- FoxPro Crooked Spur Distress Mouth Call Combo
- CS24 FoxPro Electronic Call (for advanced sounds and howling)
- Bass Pro Seat
- Download the Coyote Calling Course by Clay Owens
- Framed backpack
- Folding saw with bone blade
- Knives/knife sharpener
- Flashlight and/or headlamp
- Camera with extra batteries
- Water bottle (with filter)
- Insect repellent (100% deet)
- Stocking hat and gloves
- Top quality rain gear
- Camp shoes
- Insulated leather boots
- 1 pair insulated hunting pants
- 1 pair top and bottom insulated underwear, med-heavy weight (DO NOT BRING COTTON)
- 2-3 hunting shirts
- Heavyweight wool socks (1 pair for each day)
- Heavy coat with Gore-Tex
- Personal toiletry items
- Handheld GPS unit
- Batteries for any electrical device. Keep your batteries in something warm (like a wool sock) while you are in the field. Cold will drain them.
Have questions about one of our hunts?
We’re here to help you book the perfect trip, and our advice doesn’t cost you a thing.