Hunter: Jeff Young
Date: September 14-19, 2021
Trip Taken: Wyoming Elk Hunt
Consultant: Patrick Kissel | OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL
I arrived at elk camp on Greys River and got to choose from several canvas tents. Each tent had a wood burning stove. We woke up at 2:30 every morning ate breakfast and headed out with truck and trailer to the trailhead. We unloaded the horses and rode them most of the day, periodically calling to locate elk.
Once we had one answer we tied the horses and hiked to a good position. We would eat lunches (that we packed in the morning) on the mountain. We would get back to camp around 8:00 PM. Showered with hot water and ate supper around 9-9:30. Went to bed around 10:30.Get More Information About This Trip
- How would you rate your trip overall? It was a great elk hunt. The outfitter and his guides worked really hard.
- How was your food and lodging? Amazing.
- How was your guide? Fair. My guide was very young and this was his first year of guiding. He was green when it came to elk hunting but was very knowledgeable on backcountry horsemanship and learned fast. He worked very hard and was extremely respectful.
- How was your outfitters communication? Perfect.
- How physically demanding was your trip? Difficult.
- How would you rate your consultant? Great. I really appreciate Patrick checking in with me right after my hunt to make sure everything went well.
- Would you book another trip with OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL in the future? Yes
- Can we use your stories and/or photos on our website? Yes
- Can we use this in social media? Yes – @Jkyoung618