Idaho Wolf, Black Bear Fishing Combo
This is a very unique hunting and fishing opportunity.
- Walk and wade fishing for cutthroat and rainbow trout, bull trout, steelhead and more.
- Idaho Wolf and black bear hunting seasons open annually on Aug 30.
- Wolf hunting is one of the toughest kinds of hunts there is. You may not get an opportunity, and if you do, make the most of it. That said, this outfitter is one of the best around at finding wolves for his clients.
- This is a constantly changing hunt from year to year so success rates are hard to predict. This is a hunt for highly physically fit hunters looking for an adventure. If success is all that is important then this hunt is not for you.
- We consider any wolf to be a trophy, but there are a lot of big old wolves running around Idaho. The chance at a “good” one is high. An added bonus for Idaho wolf hunting is the high number of black wolves. There are high numbers of black bears in this area, and the fly fishing is off the charts good!
- Accommodations will vary from traditional wall tent camp to a light weight mobile horseback camp.
This is a special time to take a cast and blast trip to the River of No Return Wilderness. Early September is an excellent time to call wolves in and the weather is typically nice enough to travel and camp comfortably in wolf country. This is a also a two-bear area. Early September finds many of the bears eating the berries along the creek. Typically the best way to harvest a bear is to keep your rifle handy while enjoying the fantastic trout fishing on Big Creek. All other bear hunting is done spot and stalk or incidental to your other activities, no baiting.
Russ my miracle worker put together the ultimate grizzly bear hunt for me. The guide I had, Rick took it from there, and helped me fulfill a lifelong dream. Russ and Rick tag teamed this so perfect, I couldn’t think of a better hunt ever!
Incredible trip! Lots of opportunity for big bears. Outfitter was very encouraging of bowhunters.
We had a wonderful trip beginning with the guide picking us up at the Powell River airport. We made a short trip to the dock and took the boat to the base camp about 45 minutes across the inlets. The first day was very eventful with sighting two black bears and stalking both. The first was a good bear but “not large enough for the first day”.
As we began to leave Johnny spotted a very large bear on the beach about a mile away. After two stalks we were within 31 yards and I took my shot. Although not perfect the hit was good enough allow us to get another arrow in to the bear. It was 7:30 in the evening and we skinned and loaded the bear in the boat and back to camp late that evening. The cook had a great meal waiting for us and the entire camp wanted to hear the story. The rest of the week was spent sightseeing British Columbia, fishing, crabbing and picking up oysters for dinner.
By the way, My wife loved the trip and would recommend it to any lady who wants to see what their husband does on these hunts.
I would highly recommend this hunt to anyone who wants a relatively easy black bear hunt. The guides run lots of baits and their are lots of bears around. Not to mention I must have seen 200 elk and close to that number of deer. A great experience!
Overall the trip was great. Bear hunting was great, and a little fishing as a bonus. Harvested a nice bear. Accommodations were sufficient. Food was good. Guides were fantastic. It was trip of lifetime.
I don’t think I have ever laughed as hard as I did that week. They are down-to-earth people and an absolute blast to be around! I would recommend this FAIR CHASE hunt to anybody! The bear hunting was excellent. We saw double figures in bears each day we were hunting, with several opportunities on stalks each day.
This is an archery hunters dream to go on this hunt. I shot THREE bears in one night. One brown and two black bears. I then shot a third black bear on the last night.
Hunting bears with this outfitter was a wonderful experience. This hunt is great value for the money! My guide, Lyle was an extremely knowledgeable hunter and great all-around guy.
I wanted you all to know what an extraordinary trip I felt it was! Thank you all for everything! It was awesome and couldn’t have been better! I wanted you all to know what an extraordinary trip I felt it was! Thank you all for everything! It was awesome and couldn’t have been better!
Call to Book Your Hunt
We’ll help you choose the best hunt for your budget and goals.