DIY Sitka Blacktail on Kodiak Island
- DIY Sitka blacktail Hunts on Kodiak Island are among our favorite unguided hunts to recommend.
- This area of Kodiak Island offers an abundance of deer and other wildlife such as, whales, seals, otters, sea ducks, brown bears and fox.
- This is an unguided with boat transportation included.
- You can choose to stay at a remote cabin located in a lagoon, or stay in the main lodge in the village.
- Hunters can combo their Sitka blacktail deer hunt with small game (fox), ducks or winter kings and halibut fishing.
- Up to three deer tags can be purchased.
- Groups of 3-6 hunters can be accommodated for.
- Alaska residents can mountain goat hunt as this is a TWO goat area!
- Hunts can take place from late August – December.
LET'S START PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
Be specific so we can find exactly what you're looking for.
This DIY Sitka Blacktail on Kodiak Island is the perfect Alaskan hunt for a group of hunting buddies! You will have plenty of adventure and see lots of game on this do-it-yourself hunt on Kodiak Island. There is no need to pay extra for guide services, because we can help set you up for success on our DIY hunts on Kodiak.
This area is remote and fly in or boat in only.
Our transporter has years of experience and knows where and when he can drop off hunters to get into deer. There are plenty of smaller bays and lagoons to be dropped off so you likely won’t hunt the same area twice in a week! Your Captain will be dropping you off and picking you up on the beach daily. You’ll be up early for hot breakfast and coffee, then shuttled to shore by small boat or Zodiac. Return pick up in the evening at your drop-off spot and back to the boat to dry out gear, relax, shower and enjoy supper. After a good night sleep in the warm two person room, you are back at it the next day. Groups have daily options of hunting deer, sea ducks or fishing.
There are plenty of mature Sitka blacktail bucks.
Depending on the time of year you may have to hike up higher to the brush line to find them or if weather has set in they will be down closer to the beaches. This area of Kodiak typically doesn’t see the winter kill like other parts of the island and has concentrations of deer.
Option to hunt from a very comfortable yacht with a Top-Notch Captain.
These unguided deer hunts on Kodiak Island, Alaska takes place from a 65 or 67 foot yacht. This allows you to travel to remote regions of the Island. The Captains have hunted these areas for over a decade and will put you in some of the Island’s best Sitka blacktail deer country on a daily basis. Sleep each night on the boat, enjoying a comfortable two person room. Home cooked meals daily are included in the hunt price. 5 full days of hunting with each hunter allowed up to three blacktail bucks. Fox, sea ducks and fishing are also included. This hunt requires a six person group to secure the whole boat.
For pricing or more information about DIY Sitka Blacktail on Kodiak Island, contact us.
Ask About Hunts #OI-DWL1 or #OI-RE1