Florida Alligator Hunt
- Florida alligator hunting season is August through November. This is a great time to visit Florida.
- If you don’t have a bow or crossbow, the alligator hunting outfitter will have gear for you to use.
- There will be a very detailed orientation prior to your hunt so you know exactly what to do while all hell is breaking loose.
- Success rates are nearly 100%.
- We’ve been booking this hunt for years and our hunters rave about it.
- This is typically a day hunt and lodging is not included.
LET'S START PLANNING YOUR NEXT TRIP
Be specific so we can find exactly what you're looking for.
Florida alligator hunting may sound easy, but this is a large, prehistoric, dangerous predator. Most hunters prefer to use a bow or crossbow in hand at night on the bow of a custom alligator-hunting skiff. On a hot, pleasant night, you and your Florida alligator hunting outfitter will navigate the warm lakes and rivers of searching for red gator eyes with a powerful flashlight. Alligators are very active at night and you will carefully look over a number of them to find that one gator you’ve been looking for. You will actually be calling alligators into range as you search.
Once you find a big alligator that you like the looks of, it’s time to slip into bow range.
Your arrow has a strong, barbed point designed to stay lodged under the skin. Attached to the tip is a braided line with a large float attached to the other end. Now get ready for a fight! You (with your guides help if needed) will fight the alligator to the side of the boat. Once it’s to the boat, you’ll harpoon it with a much heavier line. Now the fight is on! Once the gator’s controlled use a bang stick is used to finish it off.
Past clients say that their Florida alligator hunt was the most exciting hunt they have ever been on! Get more information.
Ask about Hunt #OI-DSO1