Big Game Hunting in Iowa
Iowa is known in the hunting community for big whitetail deer. It ranks #2 according to both the Pope and Young and Boone and Crockett records, even though it gives out the least amount of tags of any other state excluding Kansas. Many hunters consider Iowa to be the best state in the Midwest for trophy whitetails.
OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL has relationships with farms and outfitters all over Iowa.
If you need help finding some great Iowa outdoors adventures, get in touch with us and we will be happy to help.
Iowa Hunting Outfitters and Packages
Interested in booking a hunt?Contact us for pricing or more information
What You'll Need to Go Hunting in Iowa
- Hunter safety certificate may be required if born on or after January 1, 1967.
- Iowa hunters are chosen by a draw system, and they do have preference points.
- No rifle hunting is allowed in Iowa. This state only allows shotgun, muzzleloader, handgun and archery seasons.
- The archery hunt is possibly the best in the world, but it has gotten very difficult to draw a tag (but it’s worth the wait).
- Because it’s become so difficult to draw an archery tag, the gun hunts have been exceptional because some farms go nearly un-hunted until the firearms seasons.