High Fence Hunts. Are they for you?
If budget, time, or physical condition is an issue for you, look to high fence hunt for your monster bull solution.
Trying to get your chance at a bull elk over 350″ without waiting the years in takes to draw the “right” tag can be a VERY expensive and time consuming venture. A solution to that issue, if cost is a concern, is to hunt big bulls on a high fence ranch. In the market for free ranging bulls of 350+ caliber you will pay anywhere from $15,000 to $25,000 most of the time. Now, we all know guys who have gotten those kinds of bulls on lower cost hunts but if you want a place that can legitimately average those kinds of numbers then you are going to have to write a serious check.
As an alternative you can get into those kinds of bulls for $7-$10,000 on a high fence place. I’m with you…if you are saying to yourself that you’d rather kill a bull like that on free range. But, there are some very good, big property high fence elk hunts out west. We do work with a few outfitters who have large enough properties where you are going to have a very challenging hunt to get a bull.
A few reasons to consider an estate hunt:
- Large private ranch hunts offer better quality animals, due to the fact that they are still in their
natural surroundings without the pressure of public hunting and predation.
- Managed properly food water and safe zones can be maintained to ensure a stress-free
environment for the game.
- Trophy quality can be managed to weed out inferior genetic lines to keep top quality deer available,
this can be accomplished with very minimal to no handling of the animals.
- Most work is in the maintenance and upkeep of food plots, stands and game monitoring.
It’s important to keep the human presence to a minimum, ensuring game maintain their
- Public land all your costs are spread out (food, lodging, tags, fuel, handling of game,
stands, food plots, gear) on a private ranch everything is included. Having all costs
included in your hunt leaves you with a more enjoyable and exciting experience.
- Guides ensure only mature deer are shot allowing the young deer to have time to grow
into their full potential.
From a hunter’s point of view:
- You are going to see a better quality and quantity of wildlife in their natural
- You’re not having to put in the cost of labor and time invested into food plots, stands,
and monitoring deer movement
- Private ranch hunting can try and meet the needs of every hunter’s ability and
challenges in an ethical way
- Private ranches are flexible with your busy work schedule. The heavy regulations and
restrictions on public land and free-range hunting do not apply.