HCS1 – Big Game Hunts in Australia with High Country Safaris
Big Game Hunts in Australia
Free range big game hunting in Northern Territory Australia for trophy water buffalo, banteng, scrub bulls and wild boars.
- LOCATION – Northern Territory Australia. The land is huge and vast, and we can supply a chopper to look for that exclusive trophy if you like.
- TRAVEL – We’ll pick you up in Darwin, Australia. Most of our hunters book a motel to relax after the flight and we pick up the next morning.
- WEAPON – It doesn’t matter what you want to hunt with, we cater to rifle, bow, muzzleloader, and pistol hunters.
- SPECIES – Water buffalo, banteng, scrub bull, Trophy Boars, plus pigs, wild dogs feral brumbies and donkeys.
- TROPHY QUALITY – This is a free range hunt with gold medal class animals taken regularly.
- LODGING – As this is a remote hunting concession our camp is tented safari tents with all the mod cons, fully powered, flush toilets and hot men, ladies showers and hard stand dining area. The camp is fully fenced and well lighted.
- FOOD – We have a camp cook and all great meals snacks and drinks supplied. We cater for all dietary requirements.
- LARGE GROUPS – Our camp is good for up to 12 people (typically six hunters and six observers). Extra days can be added to suit larger groups.
Water Buffalo Hunts
Join us in Northern Territory, Australia on this seven day, trophy water buffalo hunting adventure. We’ll pick you up in Darwin, and it’s a five hour drive to camp. Once we get your trophy water buffalo, you can add on a 2nd trophy buff or a scrub bull and also plenty of wild pigs, dogs, brumbies and donkeys to keep the excitement happening.
Our banteng camp is about a seven hour drive from Darwin, and can be a combo hunt with water buffalo. If you wish we can organize air charter to this camp. POA. You’ll usually need about three hunting days on a banteng hunt. In this area, you can also add a banteng cow and a Sambar stag to your hunt.
- Trophy fees for animals being hunted.
- Airport transfers by road only.
- Accommodation during the hunt.
- All drinks, beer and local wine with meals.
- All meals and snacks.
- Professional guide and skinner for duration of hunt.
- ATV and 4×4 transport on hunting concessions.
- Field trophy preparation.
*Prices subject to change without notice, so lock your price in with a deposit asap.
- Trip Insurance
- Any wounded or lost animals must be paid for.
- Any accommodation before and after the hunt.
- Any air charters.
- Extra hunting days and trophy’s not in package.
- Non hunters [can be added in the package].
- Rifle hire + ammo used.
- Trophy dip and pack and shipping and expediting costs.
- Visitor gun permit.
Articles and trip reports for this outfitter.
Have you been on a trip with us or one of our outfitters? We’d love to hear how it went. Please fill out a trip report.
Cindy and I had a wonderful time on our trip to Australia. They were excellent hosts and we truly enjoyed the hunting free range for Red Stag, Fallow Deer, Rusa Deer and also water buffalo. We chose free range over estate hunts in order to see more country and hunt more like our native Montana.
In addition to the excellent hunting experiences, the outfitter helped arrange for a stay on the coast, deep sea fishing, and a few days in Brisbane. Would highly recommend a trip to Australia.
I’ve seen and taken some massive animals in both hunting styles in great locations using both my own and Peter’s good quality rifles with good success. Animals of different sizes and species have been available for any budget I’ve had.
Lodging and Accommodations
Our camps are remote, but offer all services. Include men and ladies hot showers and flush toilets. Safari tents are all equip with power, lights, quality beds and linen, cupboard, table and chair and all screened. Camps are all generator powered and well lighted. We have laundry services. Camp kitchen and dining and bar area is all hard stand with very comfortable seating. Buffalo camp has land line phone connection, plus satellite phone [pay as you use], and Banteng camp we can get cell phone service. Accommodation can be upgraded to luxury for the discerning client as we use choppers for transfers.
- We supply all meals, snacks, drinks, beer and wine. Three meals per day plus snacks.
- Breakfast is a hot cooked meal or cereal , toast and fruit. Lunches are made and packed, wraps ,salads, cold meat, fruit etc. Healthy snacks through out the day also.
- Our dinner menu varies, Beef, fish, chicken, pasta etc. We cater to all food allergy and ask all clients what they prefer.
- All guides are experienced and licensed to the corporate hunting license.
- We usually supply one guide per hunter, so if two hunters we have two guides.
- Clients do not have to pack out meat or trophy’s. The guides do it all, but a help is always greatly accepted. We usually hunt 1×1 and 2×2.
- Hunting transport is 4×4 land cruisers and Yamaha atv.
Typical Daily Schedule
Once we arrive at camp, unpack settle in, get to know everyone and have some nice food, snacks and refreshing drinks. You may wish to sight the rifle or bow in that afternoon before the hunt in the morning.
Hunt days consist of up before daylight, we have a great breakfast selection, then your lunches, cold drinks and hunting trucks are packed ready. The days can be long and dusty. Most of the hunting is spot and stalk, or from tree stands and hides on swamps for bow hunters. Lunch is always at a good waterhole for a rest or maybe a spot of fishing. We hunt plenty of pigs throughout the day as we keep looking for that big buff trophy, scrub bull or Banteng.
We usually arrive back at camp just after dark, we do any trophy prep and our clients have a great hot shower and relax by the open fire with a drink until dinner is served. Our banteng camp is on the coast line and fishing can be provided to break up the hunt.
Arrival and departure port for these hunts is Darwin, Northern Territory. Most of our hunters book a motel to relax after the flight and we pick up the next morning. The drive to the buffalo camp is about five hours. It takes seven hours to get to the banteng camp on the coastline. You need one travel day each side of the hunt days.
*Charter flights can be arranged to hunting camps by chopper or fixed wing. POA.
With travel insurance through Travel Guard you’ll have valuable coverage that travels with you and your family. We’re America’s leading provider of travel insurance plans and assistance programs and we’re here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.Request a Free Quote
Suggested Gear List
- Good hunting boots.
- We generally hunt in lighter style khaki clothes much the same as Africa. Jacket and long pants as it gets cool early.
- Lighter style socks.
- Camp clothes, and camp shoes.
- Brimmed hat
- Day pack
- Camera / phone plus chargers etc.
- Lip balm and sunscreen
- Rifle: 338 and up, plus 2 boxes of ammo (you can rent rifles) or Bow etc.
Have questions about one of our hunts?
We’re here to help you book the perfect trip, and our advice doesn’t cost you a thing.