New Zealand Free Range Red Stag
Free Range Red Stag Hunts in New Zealand
- This is a special hunt on private ground holding a great number of wild, trophy bulls.
- During the rut, calling is used and sometimes you will hunt over bait.
- Hunting Season is late February through the end of August.
- You can also choose to add tahr, chamois and fallow deer to your hunt. (also free range)
- You will be hunting in Fairlie on the South Island of New Zealand.
- Non hunters and kids are welcome as well. This is a great family vacation.
New Zealand is a beautiful country, and hunting wild red stags is one of the best ways we can think of to experience it. These hunts take place on working sheep and cattle ranches ranging between 10,000-46,000 acres. All of the ranches have free range hunting for tahr, chamois and fallow deer.
The outfitter limits harvest to ensure quality and high numbers of their wild herds. Many hunts are done from horseback, but that isn’t for you, 4×4 trucks and Polaris ATVs are also available. You will spend a lot of time glassing for a good bull and once one is spotted, a stalk will be planned.