This Alaska Fishing Lodge offers unparalleled fly fishing in the heart of the famed Bristol Bay watershed. The river is home to enormous rainbow trout, five species of salmon, Arctic char, pike, and grayling. Naknek River fishing is great, the lodge is easy to get to, and hard to leave. This lodge is just an 80-minute flight from Anchorage, yet it’s a world away from the hustle and bustle of modern day life.
MANY RIVERS TO FISH
The Naknek River has great fishing, but there are other great options as well.
- Prime Naknek River fishing location that is easy to travel to from Anchorage, Alaska.
- Top of the line, well maintained planes, jet boats, gear and guides.
- Daily fly-outs to many rivers located in and around Katmai National Park and the Alaskan Peninsula.
- Hiking, wildlife viewing, flight-seeing to famous Brooks Falls in Katmai National Park. Salmon will be jumping over the falls while bears are standing in the river trying to catch them!
Since this is a fly-out lodge – guests utilize float planes and fleet of jet boats to access the many different locations. This means that fish many rivers and be back at the lodge for a massage and cocktails… all before appetizers.
This gives you the guest the option of a dynamic trip with the ability to fish new watershed each day. The main thing that separates this fishing program from others is the fact that you design your own trips. There isn’t any set destination list – we make recommendations based on your goals and desires and you make the decision where you want to go the next day!
The Katmai National Park and Becharof National Wildlife Refuge are just next door. These famous areas contain famous rivers such as Brooks, the Moraine, Funnel, Battle, Kulik, Gertrude, Ugashik Narrows and Featherly to name a few. In addition, there’s a remote fish camp on the Nushagak River – home to the largest King salmon run in Alaska!
The Naknek River fishing lodge was designed exclusively with comfort in mind.
Their entire philosophy is to create ease for their guests. The lodge sits on 60 acres, with over a mile of Naknek River frontage in the heart of Bristol Bay. With a spare-no-expense ideology, they have a spectacular fleet of planes and boats.
- This Naknek River fishing lodge caters to small groups or solo travelers with five-star rustic luxury.
- The staff of professional fishing guides, pilots, gourmet chefs and multiple support personnel are there to serve guests.
- Maximum of ten guests per week, with single or double-occupancy lodging.
- Everything is provided for the fly fishing trip of a lifetime: the finest rods, reels, tackle and waders, float equipped de Havilland Beavers, a Turbine Otter on amphibious floats, top of the line jet boats, and the very best fishing in Alaska!
Great Corporate Destination
This Naknek River fishing lodge is a great destination venue for conferences, corporate meetings, private groups and special events, and team building.
- Book out the entire lodge.
- Holds up to 20 people.
- Corporate bookings must be done way in advance. Contact us to get started.
WHAT SETS THIS NAKNEK RIVER FISHING LODGE APART
The main thing that separates this fishing program from others is the fact that our guests design their own trips. There isn’t any set destination list – we make recommendations based on your goals and desires and you make the decision on where you want to go the next day.
If you’re more of a hardcore angler, you should check out their hike-and-fish program.
This outfitter has access to and the ability to offer many hike in trips to lesser known rivers in Alaska. These trips are limited to the athletic hard core angler and can be arranged with communication between outfitter and guide before your trip.
Additional, non-fishing activities are also an option.
Our guests enjoy hiking, glacier and volcano flights, wildlife viewing, clam digging and eco-tourism activities. The most popular activity is flight-seeing to the famous Brooks Falls in Katmai National Park. Salmon will be jumping over the falls while bears are standing in the river trying to catch them! This is what you see on National Geographic!
Many travelers come to Alaska expecting to see the bears fishing for salmon at the waterfalls. But the fact is, very few will. These coastal grizzlies live in the remote reaches of Katmai National Park, far from any cruise ship or tour bus route. Few visitors to Alaska are fortunate to get to the heart of brown bear country, and certainly not the way they do here. You’ll be on the ground in very small groups. As up-close-and-personal as you’ll ever safely get with wild bears!
Are you interested in booking this fishing trip?
We’d love to help you experience Alaska fishing for yourself, and this trip is incredible!Get Pricing and More Information
Reference Trip #OI-DO4