South Andros Island
Andros South is located on South Andros Island. We fish for bonefish, barracuda, sharks and more, and we occasionally have opportunities for shots at permit and tarpon. Guests stay at our lodge and go fishing with our guides out of flats skiffs.
The fishery on South Andros is huge, varied and productive. We fish 4 parts of the island â€“ tidal creeks on the East Side, hundreds of small keys off the southern tip of the island, the West Side which is known for large fish and inland ponds and creeks in the middle of the island.
Some areas tend to hold large groups of fish while others are home to larger fish in smaller groups â€“ novice and expert anglers alike have a great time on the flats of South Andros. We have lots of opportunities for both wading and poling, depending on your preferences and conditions.
Rates: We offer trips of any length, starting with 3 nights and 2 days of fishing for $1845. Our options are very flexible, and you can join us on any day of the week depending on availability. Just let me know the trip that you have in mind, I’m always happy to confirm the dates and pricing for you.
|Trip Length||Oct-Jan, 2015||Fall FAR||Feb – May, 2015||FAR|
|7 – 6||$3,600||$400||$4,635||$500|
|6 – 5||$3,600||$400||$3,945||$425|
|5 – 4||$3,065||$325||$3,265||$350|
|4 – 3||$2,410||$250||$2,565||$250|
|3 – 2||$1,725||$150||$1,845||$150|
- Single angler stipend (guarantees the other boat seat to fish as a single) is an additional $500 per/day.
- Adding a full day of fishing to a trip is $500, up to eight hours of fishing.
- Adding a half day of fishing is $250, up to four hours of fishing.
- During our Fall season (mid-October through the end of January) we offer a ‘fish with family’ discount.
- Pending – we are still waiting to see if a fishing license in the Bahamas will be implemented, it would be an additional cost.
Here are a few other examples:
- 7 nights lodging / 6 full days of fishing cost $4635
- 5 nights lodging / 4 full days of fishing cost $3265
- 4 nights and 3 days of fishing for $2565
Our pricing is structured a little differently – it’s pretty much all-inclusive. Our prices include transfers to and from the airport, single-occupancy lodging (you get your own room), guided fishing with 2 anglers per boat, food, all drinks including beer wine and liquor, loaner gear and flies. Your only additional costs during the trip are travel to the island, Bahamian 4% VAT and gratuities for the staff.
- Guides: Our guides have experience working with anglers of all abilities, especially those who are new to flats fishing. Case in point â€“ We’ve lost track of how many folks we’ve seen catch a bonefish as their first fish on a fly rod! It’s a bit backwards from the natural order of fly fishing, but we think it certainly illustrates a point. You can do it!
As far as we’re concerned, the learning doesn’t stop when you step off the boat for the day. Members of our team live on site, which we means if you need a hand rigging rods, are curious about tying leaders, or want to learn how to tie a fly for the following morning, we’re with you every step of the way.
- Season(s): Our season runs from mid-October through the end of May.
- Trip Includes: Included are double-occupancy guided fishing (two per boat), single-occupancy lodging, meals, all beverages loaner gear and flies.
- Trip Does Not Include: Additional cost are travel to South Andros, 4% VAT (on the trip price) and gratuities for the guides and lodge staff.
- Accommodations: Our focus at Andros South is on providing the best fishing experience possible â€“ an incredible fishery, great guides and excellent service â€“ in an environment that we describe as ‘comfortable but casual’. We are not a ‘luxury lodge’. The location is beautiful, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the food is great. The overall feel is relaxing and certainly not formal.
- Travel Information: South Andros Island is easily accessible in 1 day, with flight options from Fort Lauderdale or Nassau, Bahamas. Both locations have multiple flights each day between Fort Lauderdale or Nassau when traveling to South Andros Island. All of our guest fly to Congo Town or South Andros Airport (TZN).