EPO1 – Arizona Archery Mule Deer Hunt: Exclusive Pursuit
Arizona Archery Mule Deer Hunt
OTC Archery Mule Deer Hunt in Arizona
High quality, trophy mule deer hunts on private land. We hunt primarily on private land that we have exclusive access to for trophy class animals. These ranches are strictly managed for older age class bucks, not commercial hunting. All archery hunts are usually 1 on 1 to increase your opportunities for success. Bow hunters can hunt the big mule deer bucks that live in our limited draw areas in north central Arizona starting in August and September or come hunt during the rut in December and January. Resident and Non-Resident Hunters can purchase guaranteed tags for archery so there is no need to apply for draws.
All booked hunts are guided by devoted, knowledgeable bow hunting guides with the ability to accurately identify and field judge your animal. Years of tried and tested techniques has helped us to refine proven fair chase methods that get even novice bow hunters, with no stalking experience, quality shots at Pope and Young class deer. We take pride in our ability to get YOU into bow range for good, clean shot opportunities.
The Arizona mule deer habitat is a mix of high desert grassland, pinyon-juniper covered mesas, buttes, and rolling hills. This hunt is not for hunters who need to see lots of game, the area is not necessarily known for high numbers of mule deer but more for the quality of the bucks. Hunters can expect to have opportunities on deer in the 160”-180”+ class, with the occasional buck over 200“ being harvested. The terrain is great for glassing with lots of vantage points so we primarily hunt spot and stalk with ground blind hunting an option. Elevations run near 4,500′ to 7,000′ feet in elevation.
- Hunts are seven-days, running from August to September and December to January.
- Private Land in Premium Units
- Guaranteed Tags
- Hunters can expect to have opportunities on deer in the 160”-180”+ class, with the occasional buck over 200“ being harvested.
- Opportunity Rate: 100%
- Success Rate: 70%
Lodging and Accommodations
Generally personal wall tents and camp trailers due to the remoteness of the area we are hunting. Hot showers are available on all hunts.
Hot home cooked meals for breakfast and Dinner. A packed lunch to be eaten in the field. Granola bars, nuts, trail mix and fruit for snacks.
Clients traveling by air will fly into Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport (PHX). Although special arrangements can be made, it is recommended that clients rent a car and drive to the hunting area. Drive from Phoenix to Prescott or Williams, AZ area depending on where you are hunting.*Guides continue to scout for you up to and during the day of your arrival, and this allows them to maximize your chances for success.
Meat can be donated to the food bank or for needy families or person of choice. The hunter has to pay for processing then let the processor know you want the meat donated. Shipping the Trophy and Meat to hunter is the hunter’s responsibility we can help with the logistics.
With travel insurance through Travel Guard you’ll have valuable coverage that travels with you and your family. We’re America’s leading provider of travel insurance plans and assistance programs and we’re here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.Request a Free Quote
Suggested Gear List
- Hunting License and Tag
- Bow and accessories
- Arrows- 2 dozen
- Spare release or finger tab
- Cat’s Paws, Safari sneakers, PSE sneaky feet or Cabelas “bears” feet for stalking boot covers
- Camouflage face or head net
- Gloves, light leather gloves and knee pads for stalking in rough terrain
- Broken in waterproof boots, best quality you can afford
- Compact Rain gear
- Light/Heavy Coat – dress in layers depending on time of year
- It is important to have Quiet soft clothing that is not noisy for stalking purposes and bring changes of clothes for the length of your hunt(we have no laundry service)
- Long underwear (winter hunts)
- Comfortable camp shoes
- Sleeping bag rated to 0 degrees
- Towel, wash cloth, no scent soap
- All meals and snacks are provided- but if you require any specialty snacks-Power bars, energy drinks etc. these should be packed in your gear.
- Day pack and/or fanny pack w/following items:
We’d love to help you book a hunt.
Whether you just want to know some prices, or need more information about one of our destinations, OUTDOORS INTERNATIONAL is here as a resource, and it won’t cost you a thing.
Just fill out the form below or give us a call at (208) 991-4868 and we’ll get started matching your priorities, budget, timing and expectations to the ideal destination.