Estancia Laguna Verde
Trophy Rainbow Trout at Jurassic Lake in Argentina
7 Days - $5,600 per angler
The rumors are true. Jurassic Lake in Argentina produces huge rainbow trout.
It looks like saltwater, but it is teaming with small scuds and massive rainbow trout below the surface, and they are caught on a regular basis by our anglers. The Barrancoso River is a typical mountain freestone river, with clear water and big boulders holding gorgeous trout in its beautiful pools, pocket water, flats and runs. You will also have access to Moro Creek and over 12 smaller lakes and lagoons. This outfitter is the obvious choice for serious anglers looking for a fishing trip of a lifetime.
The southern end of the famous Patagonian region in Argentina is a remote but luxurious destination that boasts the largest rainbow trout in the world. Strobel lake or as we have come to call it “Jurassic Lake” is one of the most remote, wild and best fishing destinations in the world! It is not uncommon to land multiple double digit rainbow trout a day with chances at fish in the 20’s. With excellent food and comfortable accommodations this is a trip of a lifetime.
- Come sometime between November through Mid-January because the big fish will be stacking up near the mouth of the Barrancoso River. The fishing this time of year can be truly astounding.
- All the guides and camp staff are the best of the best and take care of you every step of the way.
- Other Activities: Glacier tours in El Calafate, fishing in other lakes and streams around the area
- Moderately difficult. It is a windy destination so practice your casting.
Food and Lodging
With excellent food and comfortable accommodations, this is a trip of a lifetime.
The lodge is strategically located only a cast away from the fishing and is a typical “Estancia house” accommodating up to 10 anglers per week. It has 7 double bedrooms with comfortable “en suite” bathrooms, provided with hot water.
Get ready for some excellent cuisine, Estancia Laguna Verde employs some of the best chefs from the region preparing the finest meals with local flavors. Shore lunch will be prepared every day at a variety of structures built by the lodge. Hot, delicious meals enjoyed with a beer are a great way to relax for an hour while fishing.
- Cancellation Policy: We highly recommend that you purchase Travel Insurance.
- Travel Information: Fly to El Calafate, Argentina on determined days and meet your guides for a drive along the countryside. You will need a passport.
- Pick up and transfer from El Calafate
- Accommodations, meals & wine
- Fishing and guiding
- Travel to and from Argentina.
- Any extra activities outside of fishing
- Flies to purchase at the lodge if needed
- Wire fee
Suggested Gear List
Breathable waders, wading boots NO FELT , warm base layers, wool socks, sun gloves, cold weather gloves, buff, beanies, rods, reels, Fluorocarbon leader material (10-20 lb) , indicators, flies.
8 wt fly rods with large arbor reels are the best. Floating line with WF taper are the most utilized. Olive wooly buggers in various flavors are thc.