TOA – Elk Hunting in British Columbia with Total Outdoor Adventures
British Columbia offers archery AND rifle hunting during the elk rut!
There aren’t many places in North America where you can hunt elk with a rifle during the rut, but British Columbia is one of them. This is due to the fact that, since the late nineties, this region has had a six point minimum which takes the pressure off of the younger bulls, letting them grow up. Couple this with the fact that you can make it a combo hunt, BC should not be overlooked for your next elk hunt. Because of the six point minimum in this area you will only take fully mature bulls that measure between 280″ and 330″. It’s recommended that you be in decent shape as some of your stalks may be somewhat difficult. This is some rough country.
- This is one of the best wilderness elk hunts anyone can find and if you’ve ever wanted to experience calling in a bugling bull, this is the hunt for you.
- Hunters will have the chance to harvest a fully mature bull.
- Both rifle and archery are allowed.
- September and October are the best times to book this hunt.
- Chance for bulls 330″ and bigger are possible but expect to see bulls from 280 to 330″.
- Although you may be using a horse for travel you may also be expected to hike difficult terrain as the stalk begins.
Stay in permanent spike camps on your hunt
This outfitter has permanent spike camps located in areas of the hunting that are difficult to get to. These camps are well equipped to handle the hunter and guide. Horses are a very advisable form of travel so expect to be using horses as a form of travel.
- Thanks for reaching out to check on me after my hunt. I can’t compliment the outfitter enough. They provided us a fantastic hunt and were able to adjust the hunt to my physical limitations. We rate them A+ and we look forward to going back out with them one day. Moving forward we are scheduled to hunt moose in September and deer in November.
Call to Book Your Hunt
We’ll help you choose the best elk hunt for your budget and goals.