Dean River Steelhead Fly Fishing
Dean River steelhead fishing for fish so fresh, they still have sea lice!
- Fish the Lower Dean River – the mouth, 1 1/2 miles up to the Canyon
- You can also fish the Upper Dean – from the Canyon up to 5 Mile
- Most anglers use Spey rods, but a single-handed rod will be just fine
- Remote! Travel from Bella Coola to our lodge on the Dean using a chartered helicopter
- Not a trip for beginners, if you’ve never fished for steelhead or salmon before, check out this steelhead trip.
This is a unique fishing trip. You will be fully guided below the canyon, and self guided above.
It’s not for everybody, but if you’re experienced and want some time on your own from time to time, it’s probably just what the doctor ordered. There’s nothing quite like doing it on your own. Pick your water, read it right, fish it how you want to fish it, and land that fresh, beautiful steelhead.
You’ll want to fish the Dean River in the summer, it can be hit or miss otherwise.
You can go earlier, but if you really want to hit the peak for steelhead (and who doesn’t), fish in July or August. A bonus if you fish towards the end of August, is you might start picking up some Coho’s…. but you’re there for the steelhead.
You could be steelhead fishing within a mile and a half of the salt on the Dean River.
The Dean River is known in the world of steelhead fly fishing for having the hottest, strongest fish around…. they’re fresh from the ocean and they CRUSH flies!
Call to Book Your Fishing Trip
We’ll help you choose the best fishing trip for your budget and goals.
Dean River Steelhead Pictures:
Imagine yourself sight fishing for fresh, lice covered Steelhead. To fish the Dean is a privilege, and this outfitter is among the best. We’d love to help you set up this amazing fishing trip in British Columbia. You ready?