Boar Hunt Hawaii
Wild boar hunting in Hawaii is a classic adventure! When you hog hunt Hawaii, you’re experiencing a culture that is thousands of years old. These hogs were brought to the Hawaiian Islands by the early Polynesians thousands of years ago, and have earned their place in history.
While you’re on vacation boar hunt Hawaii!
- Hawaii is loaded with hogs.
- Year round hunting seasons.
- No tags required.
- Great add-on to your family vacation!
Outfitters: GHO2, NO3
Wild Boar Hunting in Hawaii
Get a chance to see the beauty of Hawaii, off the beaten path, and boar hunt Hawaii!
Wild boar hunting in Hawaii is a tradition that has been passed down for generations.
- Hunt on private land.
- Boars and sows can be hunted using archery, or rifle.
- Hunting is usually done from a tree stand, ground blind, or spot and stalk. However, dog and knife hunts are also available upon request.
- Boars hunting usually takes place in the late evening or early morning.
- Trophy hogs can weigh 200+ pounds, with two to five inch tusks.
- Combo with exotics hunting.
- Contact us for more information about a boar hunt in Hawaii.
In the late 1700’s, the pua’a (pig) was brought to Hawaii by Captain James Cook, as a source of protein on their journey. Through the years, these Polynesian wild boars have prospered on the Islands, causing extreme damage to Hawaii’s rain forest eco-system. The only thing keeping the wild boar populations in check are hunters.
As a passed down tradition, wild pig hunting is a way of life, and Hawaii is the perfect place to hunt hogs. Get a chance to see the beauty of Hawaii, off the beaten path, and boar hunt Hawaii!
Dog and Knife Hog Hunt
Most hunters choose to hunt with their bow or a rifle, but traditionally, wild boar hunting in Hawaii is done by using dogs and a knife or spear…dogs and knives. The dogs will chase the pig, until it “bays up.” You’ll listen for the barking and try to keep up. Once you find the source of the ruckus, you’ll finish off the hog with a large knife.
Have questions about one of our hunts?
We’re here to help you book the perfect trip, and our advice doesn’t cost you a thing.