This is a traditional, classic hunting Safari in remote Mozambique.
Our PH has been the South African PH of the year multiple times as well as the SCI outfitter of the year.
- Hunting Season is June through November.
- LOTS of game, and you will be hunting high trophy quality animals.
- Safaris can be extended if necessary to ensure your success.
- The staff is exceptional, the PH’s are fun, friendly, and professional.
- The hunting will be by spot-and-stalk, or from blinds.
- Hunt will be conducted out of rustic, traditional African fly camp in the heart of the 200,000+ acre concession.
- The food on the hunt is organic, and sourced from the local area. Fresh fruit and vegetables are purchased from local markets and the venison is hunted in the area.
- Game Species include Cape buffalo; leopard; lions; Roosevelt Sable; Livingston Eland; Lichtenstein Hartebeest; and Niassa Wildebeest.
21 Day Lion Safari
$2,250 per day + Trophy Fees
This is one of the only areas left in all of Africa where you can hunt truly wild, free ranging lions in a huge area of over 200,000 acres. You will hunt over bait, usually a buffalo or plains game animal from one of the previous hunts. A lion hunt almost always follows directly behind a buffalo hunt so that lions can be pre-baited before you even arrive in camp. The ideal situation is for you to arrive and already have the baits being hit. Trail cams are used to identify trophy lions that are hitting the bait. Calling is sometimes used as well, and can be very effective in some situations.
*Only two lions are taken here yearly.
16 Day Leopard, Buffalo, Sable Safari
$1,800 per day + Trophy Fees
14 Day Leopard, Buffalo Safari
$1,600 per day + Trophy Fees
12 Day Buffalo, Sable Safari
$1,400 per day + Trophy Fees
12 Day Leopard, Plains Game Safari
$1,400 per day + Trophy Fees
10 Day Buffalo, Plains Game Safari
$1,350 per day + Trophy Fees
10 Day Elephant Safari
$1,250 per day + Trophy Fees
You can expect a trophy from 55 to 100 pounds, depending on your physical condition. Elephant hunting can be difficult, so be in shape. You will not hunt bulls less than 55 pounds
PLEASE NOTE!!! If you are from the United States, you will NOT be able to import your trophy from Mozambique. The only importable elephant trophies are from South Africa and Namibia. We can help you book a hunt in Namibia, and the price may be a bit less.
10 Day Hippo, Crocodile Safari
$1,350 per day + Trophy Fees
- Elephant: $45,600 (includes day rate)
- Lion: $14,500
- Leopard: $9,500
- Sable: $4,900
- Cape Buffalo: $4,500
- Hippo: $4,400
- Crocodile: $3,800
- Gun import: $250 / firearm
- Hunter’s license: $300 / hunter
- Air charter (small plane): approx. $900 / flight hour (book 2 months in advance)
- Baits for cats and pre-baiting: $250 / day (excluding cost of bait)
- Lion safari bait animals are charged at 50% of trophy fees and are non-exportable
- Leopard baits are primarily baboon and common duiker and are charged at $75 ea. and are non-exportable
- Observer Rate: $250 / Day
- Agent/Translator: $50 / Day
- Specialized Leopard Hounds: $6,500 / Hunt
- Professional Cameraman Available
Daily Rates Include:
- Hunt includes everything. There will be no unexpected surprise fees at the end of your safari.
- Transportation from International Airport to hunting camp and return
- Full time service of a licensed and experienced Professional Hunter
- Driver, Tracker and Skinner
- Services of all camp staff
- Accommodations, all meals and drinks, including alcoholic beverages
- Laundry services
- Skinning and field preparation of trophies
- Government hunting licenses and permit fees
- 14% VAT
*Prices subject to change without notice.
Daily Rates Exclude:
- Accommodation prior to and after safari
- Airfare to and from your home
- Trophy fees of animals bagged or wounded and lost
- Taxidermy work and shipping of trophies to final destination
- Rifle hire and ammunition
- CITES fees
- Additional trips or activities
- Medical expenses (please have medical insurance)
- Trip Insurance
All Safaris are guided 1×1 unless otherwise specified (2×1 safaris are $100 less per day per client)
Rustic, traditional fly camps or fixed tented camps.
Your hunt will be conducted out of rustic, traditional African fly camp in the heart of the 200,000+ acre concession. *Elephant and leopard hunts are conducted out of a fixed tented camp with a thatch roof.
Both camps are equipped with gas operated hot, running water; showers; flush toilets; fully-equipped, gas operated kitchens; and solar panel electric lights and plugins for your electrical equipment. All tents are en-suite with their own private bathroom, comfortable beds, and screened to keep out insects. A satellite phone is available for emergency communication.
The food on the hunt is organic, and sourced from the local area. Fresh fruit and vegetables are purchased from local markets and the venison is hunted in the area. Due to the nature of this hunt, it is difficult to have a planned dinner as you may arrive in camp at 6PM or later.
A day’s meals consists of an early morning breakfast before you leave camp, a snack lunch is provided in the bush, and dinner upon your return to camp from hunting for the day. Local cold beer, soda, wine or hard liquor will be available. There are running refrigerators in the back of the Safari vehicles.
Travelling to Mozambique
Travel to Mozambique is safe and fairly straight forward. Your Professional Hunter will meet you the moment you clear customs at the Johannesburg airport. They will meet you as you exit customs and walk you to the rifle permit office to retrieve your gun. You and your PH will overnight at a lodge 5 to 10 minutes from the airport that caters only to hunters. The next morning, you will fly to Pemba, Mozambique. From there, you have two options, an 8 hour drive to the hunting area, or a charter flight directly there. We suggest the charter as it will save you a hunting day.
You will also accompanied back to the airport at the end of your safari. You will feel safe and well taken care of for your entire hunt.
Don't Forget Trip Insurance!
With travel insurance through Travel Guard you’ll have valuable coverage that travels with you and your family. We’re America’s leading provider of travel insurance plans and assistance programs and we’re here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.Request a Free Quote
Suggested Gear List: