BGR1 – Namibia Plains Game Safari: Baobab Game Ranch
Plains Game Safaris in Namibia
- Over 100,000 acres of hunting area
- Hunting Season in Namibia is February through November.
- The landscape is breathtaking open Savannah, dry rivers, huge Maroela trees, and a Palm-like landscape.
- The Professional Hunter is experienced with both rifle and bowhunting.
- Safaris are custom made to fit your personal goals for your Africa Safari!
- Hunting takes place from hides and on “stalking walks” according to the hunter’s preference.
- Since emphasis is put on exclusivity and individual service, they only take a maximum of 4 hunters at a time(2 x 2 : 1).
Most of the plains game taken on this hunting concession are gold medal trophies. There are many, many plains game species available to hunt, but this area is a paradise for Greater Kudu, Oryx, Eland, Zebra, Hartebeest, Blessbok, Warthog, Steenbok, Duiker, Damara Dik-Dik, and the Jackal. All game animals are born and bred on the farm. They do not believe in “put and take” hunting nor in “canned” hunting and are proud to uphold the tradition of ethical fair-chase hunting.
1×1: $350 per day + trophy fees
2×1: $300 per day + trophy fees
Hunt with San (Bushmen) trackers: $400 per day + trophy fees
Non Hunting Days: $150 (includes arrival and departure days)
Non Hunters: $150 per day
Children under 12: $65 per day
*Prices subject to change without notice.
- Warthog: $490
- Greater Kudu: $1,800
- Oryx (Gemsbok): $650
- Red Hartebeest: $650
- Blessbuck: $700
- Damara Dik-Dik: $1,400
- Duiker: $430
- Burchell’s or Plaines Zebra: $1,300
- Steenbuck: $400
- Black-backed Jackal: $80
- Eland: $2,000
- Caracal: $650
- Giraffe: $2,800
- Klipspringer (concession): $1,400
- Springbuck (concession): $650
- Black Wildebeest (concession): $1,300
- Blue Wildebeest (concession): $1,150
- Mountain or Hartmann’s Zebra (concession): price on request
- Common Impala (concession): $700
- Waterbuck: $2,800
- Chacma Baboon: $150
- Black faced Impala: price upon request
- Cheetah (opportunistic): price upon request
*Special Lengths on request will charged extra!
- Accommodation, full board; laundry service.
- PH, trackers, skinners, hunting vehicle.
- Basic trophy preparation and transport to taxidermist in Namibia, permits, and value added tax.
- Transfer from/to Windhoek Airport: free of charge. Limited to a minimum of 5 hunting days.
- You will need Yellow fever shot.
- Taxidermy, packaging, trophy insurance and shipment
- All drinks/beverages
- Rifle Rental (US$ 15 per day)
- Ammunition (US$ 10 per shot fired)
- Personal requirements, telephone, tips, etc.
- Skinning for a full, life-sized mount (US$ 100)
- Insurance and medical costs of any kind
- Overnight stays before or after the hunt/hunting safari
- Excursions before or after the hunt.
- Sightseeing/Photo safaris can be arranged as part of the hunting safari or in addition to the hunt.
- Trip Insurance
- Gratuities for Staff
Lodging and Accommodations
The main lodge is comfortable, with spotlessly clean rooms. Each bedroom has its own bathroom, and a laundry service is available daily on request. Enjoy very good home cooked meals. The outfitter will meet you at the International Airport in Windhoek. You will travel by road to the farm in an air conditioned vehicle, giving you an opportunity to see some of the country. Alternatively there are internal flights with Air Namibia3 times a week to Rundu, which is a 2.5 hours drive from the hunting area.
In addition to their hunting lodge, they have a rough camp, with luxury tents for all kinds of DIY hunting.
You will fly to Windhoek, Namibia (WDH) and the PH will pick you up there.
Don't Forget Trip Insurance!
With travel insurance through Travel Guard you’ll have valuable coverage that travels with you and your family. We’re America’s leading provider of travel insurance plans and assistance programs and we’re here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.Request a Free Quote
Suggested Gear List
- Rifle: any 30 caliber with bonded bullets for larger game like Eland or Kudu.
- long sleeves
- Yellow fever shot
- Warm weather clothing
- Lightweight walking boots