Looking for a good recipe now that you’ve gone on that black bear hunt? Here you go.
Grilled Spice Bear Tenderloin Recipe
- 1 lb bear tenderloin or back strap, trimmed of all fat and silver skin
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 ground clove
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
OR use any combination of your favorite game spices
- In small bowl, mix all spices until combined
- Add oil and stir to make a paste
- Prepare tenderloin, making sure all fat is trimmed – Caution: When grilling bear meat, dripping fat will ignite! Trim all fat before cooking!
- Rub all sides of the trimmed tenderloin evenly with spice paste. Set aside.
- Prepare grill (charcoal recommended) for medium heat
- Place tenderloin on grill and cook slowly on medium heat until fully cooked, turning occasionally
- Allow bear meat to reach an internal temp of 160 degrees F before consumption
Check out this bear roast recipe.