Idaho Wilderness Steelhead Fishing Float Trip
You’ll be fishing for wild run steelhead on the Salmon River as it flows through the vast Frank Church wilderness area in the 2nd deepest canyon in North America. Its granite-walled canyon is one-fifth of a mile deeper than the Grand Canyon, and for almost 180 miles, the Salmon River Canyon is more than one mile deep. We believe that this is one of our Top 10, must do trips!
- Outdoors International is the Exclusive booking agency for this fishing adventure.
- Both gear fishing and fly fishing trips are possible.
- The beauty and ruggedness of this wilderness area is stunning!
- Accommodations are quality Outfitter tents.
- Eat mouth watering home cooked meals prepared over the camp fire.
- All of October and November can be great fishing, but prime time is the last week of October through the 1st week in November.
The Outfitter will you pick you up in a jet boat at Vinegar Creek which is the “end of the road.” From there you head up river into the wildness and the Steelhead fishing adventure begins.
The trip includes everything you will need minus your clothes, sleeping bag, and fishing license. The boat, guide, fishing tackle, food, drinks, (need to bring Alcohol), tent, cots, coolers etc. are all covered. *Fly fisherman need to bring their own equipment.