AO1 – Newfoundland Moose Hunts – Arluk Outfitters
Newfoundland Moose Hunt
This is a premier hunting and fishing destination in Newfoundland, offering hunts for moose, woodland caribou, and black bear as well as fishing for Atlantic salmon and brook trout. You will be hunting on the Northern Peninsula of Newfoundland in a remote, pristine wilderness valley of the Long Range Mountains.
They have five lodges, all exclusively accessed by helicopter. Each lodge is fully equipped with electricity, hot and cold water, showers, modern kitchen, comfortable beds and linens – internet, phone and TV are available at select locations. The menu at our lodge’s features delicious Newfoundland cuisine prepared fresh daily by our professional cooks.
- Remote location accessed by Helicopter.
- Abundance of Moose due to low hunting pressure.
- High opportunity for success (over 90%+).
- Above average comfortable accommodations.
- Great home cooked meals.
- All-Inclusive Hunt.
- Experienced and Knowledgeable Guides & Staff.
- September until the end of October.
They will spare no effort to ensure that you have the hunting or fishing experience of a lifetime – it’s all about you. Guides are experts at calling and locating moose. They will spare no effort to ensure that you have a successful hunt.
7 nights and 8 days
Rifle Rental + Ammunition: $100 US
50% deposit to secure date
*Prices subject to change without notice.
- 1×1 Guide Service
- License, Tag
- Helicopter charter to remote lodge
- Field prep/caping of harvested game
- Commercial Airfare (if flying) to Deer Lake, Newfoundland.
- Any Motel Accommodations in Deer Lake prior to/after Hunt.
- Meat Processing and Transportation/Shipping Costs of meat/antlers/cape to home destination.
- Trip Insurance
Lodging and Accomodations
First class accommodations for such a remote area.
We operate out of five lodges, all exclusively accessed by helicopter. Our lodges are fully equipped with electricity, hot and cold water, showers, modern kitchen, comfortable beds and linens – internet, phone and TV are available at select locations.
Hunters can also opt to spend 1-2 nights at one of our well-equipped tent camps.
Excellent Home Cooked Meals.
The menu at our lodge’s features delicious Newfoundland cuisine prepared fresh daily by our professional cooks.
Typical Daily Schedule
- You may hunt by boat or canoe along the shores of the many lakes on our grounds.
- Some days will be spent still hunting through old growth boreal forests and meadows.
- Sometimes we even spot-and-stalk from elevated platforms or alpine ridges.
Experienced and Knowledgeable guides who know the area well. Our guides are experts at calling and locating moose. They will spare no effort to ensure that you have a successful hunt.
Your destination will be Deer Lake Airport (YDF) in Newfoundland. Flights to Deer Lake are handled through West Jet, PAL Airlines, and Air Canada. Connections to Deer Lake can be made through St. John’s, Newfoundland or Halifax, Nova Scotia, or Toronto, Ontario. We’ll meet you at the airport on your arrival to the province, and bring you back at the end of your tour with us.
If you plan to arrive via ground travel, you must first travel to North Sydney, Nova Scotia and board a ferry with the destination of Port aux Basques, Newfoundland and Labrador. Upon arrival in Port aux Basques, you will drive north on the Trans-Canada Highway towards Deer lake – about a 2.5 hour drive.
Don't Forget Trip Insurance!
With travel insurance through Travel Guard you’ll have valuable coverage that travels with you and your family. We’re America’s leading provider of travel insurance plans and assistance programs and we’re here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.Request a Free Quote
Suggested Gear List
When you arrive, we want you to be prepared for whatever the wilderness has to offer. Once you land, you won’t be able to acquire any gear due to the remote nature of this hunt. It is important that you come prepared.
That being said, it is also important to pack light – a maximum gear total of 60 lbs is strictly enforced, as the helicopter may only hold so much weight for the trip. Along with this 60 lbs allocation, you must also bring a Soft Gun Case to transport your firearms to the camp.
To keep weight low for your luggage the outfitter will provide:
All bedding between the lodges and spike camps, towels, facecloths, shampoo and soap is available on site, all meals and snacks are prepared fresh daily in the lodge.
Essential Clothing Items (The avg temp for September is 10.1°C / 50°F):
- Waterproof gloves
- Knee-high rubber boots / Waterproof hunting boots
- Long warm shirts
- Long Underwear
- Waterproof, breathable rain suit
- Shoes or slippers for around the lodge
- Wool/Fleece jacket
Essential Hunting Items:
- Firearm and ammunition OR Bow and arrows
- Small backpack
- Binoculars (10×40)
- Soft Gun Case for helicopter trip
- Shooting stick / Trigger stick
Less Essential items:
- Camera / Video camera
- Cash for tipping guides and cooks
- Lip balm
- Polarized sunglasses
- Sunscreen / Sun lotion