AH3 – Croatia Brown Bear – Adria Hunt
This is a different spin on brown bear hunting with a higher success rate than most hunts in North America. You should definitely give it some consideration.
- Eurasian brown bears are very similar to North American grizzly bears.
- Average bears square 8-9 feet (200-400 CIC) on this hunt. In Europe, they use the CIC System which is a sliding trophy scale.
- Hunt over bait from “high seats” or spot and stalk. Spot-and-stalk hunting isn’t as successful as hunting bears over bait, so we highly recommend being patient and sitting it out.
- Success rates over 90%
- Easy transport of trophy
- Spring and Fall hunts
- Croatia is EU member, and offers some great tourism on the coast and some excellent hunting combo possibilities. If you get your bear early you can combo with fallow deer or mouflon sheep in a nearby area.
With a growing population, Gold medal brown bears are a real possibility and this hunt has an unheard of success rate of 90%! The trophies earned in recent years prove the exceptional quality of these bears, with fur quality values often surpassing 350 CIC points. Croatia is also officially recognized by CITES, and for that reason exporting your trophy is no hassle.
Brown bear hunts in Croatia are done either during the spring or fall from tall, closed and comfortable “high seats” over bait. Bears regularly come to feed on carcasses, so the success of this hunt is almost guaranteed, of course, given the Goddess Diana smiles upon you.
Daily Rate: $400
- Up to 300 CIC: $6,325
- 325 Points: $8,100
- 350 Points: $9,200
- 400 Points: $13,800
- Up to 450 Points: $20,150
Prices fluctuate in Europe, so request a quote from your consultant.
If you kill a bear that is larger than was quoted in your price, there will be an added trophy fee based on the CIC scoring scale. Ask to see that scale prior to your hunt. This is very important.
*Prices subject to change without notice.
- 1×1 Guiding
- Rifle Transfer or Rental
- Croatian Hunting License and Tags
- 4×4 transport to the blind from hotel
- Lodging with 2 meals a day
Lodging and Accommodations
This hunt is out of a hotel as there is no lodge nearby. Breakfast and dinners are included.
Guiding is one-on-one. They use high-end spotting scopes and binoculars, (rifles are available to rent). Once an animal is taken, a call is made and men come out with a stretcher to pack the animal back to the lodge for gutting and caping.
There are no language issues at all. The guides speak 5 languages (English, German, Italian, Spanish and Serbo-Croatian), and the Outfitter speaks perfect English.
Travelling to Croatia is Easy. You will fly to Zagreb, airport. Once you’re there the outfitter will pick you up for a small fee or you can rent a car.
Don't Forget Trip Insurance!
With travel insurance through Travel Guard you’ll have valuable coverage that travels with you and your family. We’re America’s leading provider of travel insurance plans and assistance programs and we’re here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.Request a Free Quote
Suggested Gear List
- Gear list coming soon…